Am I suitable?!

overmonnow

Hello,

I am in the process of deciding where to send my CV as our move date is fast approaching.  Whilst I have some very clear ideas about who will receive my CV, I am a little hazy about a couple of areas and wanted to ask your advice...

My background is a law degree with French followed by 5 years decent professional experience (not sales) in the insurance/pensions/legal spheres.  However I would still be considered relatively junior in this field (age 26).

There seem to be a large number of insurance agents/mutuelles dotted around the region but my feeling is that they tend to be one-man-bands.  Does anyone who has any knowledge of this industry think it would be appropriate to send my CV out speculatively to insurance agents?

The same question applies to notaires/avocats - if anyone has any knowledge/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks in advance, Alistair

With your qualifications I would think that you would have most chance of finding work in the big towns/cities. Or set up something on your own. Sorry this isn't based on experience of the job market, just an opinion. I do know of an insurance firm in the Dordogne run by expats.  Good luck -Pat.