selling on a market stall - help???!!!

jorja

Hi

we are wanting to sell 'stuff' at our weekly saturday market here (63). i can't seem to find any info on how it works! do you just turn up and pick a spot? is a license required? we don't want to register as a business until we see if it will work and we can make money. as you can see i don't really know much about it!!

if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful. or if there is anyone out there who has already done it any advice would be wonderful.

thanks

jorja

Issoire

There is some info on this site if you do a search, which if you can manage to do you're a better man/woman than me. You need to go to the person in charge of the market and there are regulations which vary from place to place. Pat.

[quote]There is some info on this site if you do a search, which if you can manage to do you're a better man/woman than me. You need to go to the person in charge of the market and there are regulations whic...[/quote]

Hi Jorja

Whilst not claiming to be a better man than Patf  (just someone with lots of time and patience, what a monster the LF search engine is) this has been discussed before.

http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=276&messageid=82813

Hope this helps

Edited. Pah! Just checked the links in the posts the above link references (they were from William the Conquerer) and they don't work. Could someone in Admin explain why?

Hello,

i would try the Mairie for the spot and any licence/authorisation you may need.

As for the tax implications, I would just ask your local Tresorerie, believe it or not, people at my local Tresorerie were very useful last week...

A plus

yabasta