Requirements for Carte Professionelle

overmonnow

Hello

I am trying to establish the minimum requirements for a carte professionelle as an agent immobilier.  I have a UK law degree, LLB Hons.  According to the FNAIM website it seems to indicate that if I have a law degree or equivalent, I can obtain a mauve carte professionelle without needing to show any experience in the industry.  As it happens, I have now been working for 12 months as a salaried negotiator for an estate agency.  My employers think that I need a minimum of either 18 months or 2 years' experience to get a card but the law degree factor might make experience a moot point.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Basically, as I understand it, the 12 months working (in a salaried position, not usually as agent commercial) applies to those who have Bac or Technician qualifications in the appropriate discipline, otherwise it is two years experience for those with certain other qualifications, or 10 years without qualification. I believe you can bypass these by being nominated by a notaire or similar French legal professional, or by being qualified yourself in French law. I don't think English law qualifications are considered as being equivalent.

You also need to have set up a business via your Chambre de Commerce, and have financial guarantees and professional insurance in place.

The requirements do vary between regions, so contact your préfecture or greffe du tribunal de commerce.