working for a french and english reg company

gert

hi folks,

i wonder if anyone can help me here;

i have been offered carpentry and general building work on a sub-contract basis by a company registered both in england and france. they have suggested that i could work for them as and when ( but fairly reguarly i beleive) and be paid into my english account from there english account and therefor be classed as working for an english company. i have been living in france for the past seven months since july 1st in a rented house with my family. i have done my siret course at the chambre de metiers but have not registered to commence work yet. where do i stand if i work for this company on the above basis as far as tax, healthcare and keeping it legal of course, is it possible to live in france and work for an english reg company and be paid in england etc.... yours confused..........................................

If you are working in france (self-employed), you must be registered to work in and pay your taxes in, France.

If this company employs you (as in an employment contract), then it would need to be (as they are registered in France) a French contract, and they would need to pay French Employers contributions (which are high!).

As far as I am aware, there is no legal way around paying tax! Don't we all wish there was!

someone tried that here in creuse and caused all sorts of problems for his employees,it turned out that the ni contributions and tax deducted from wages was all illegal as all the employees were living in france and should have been registered in france no one was able to get carte vitales and the e111's they all had for medical emergencies were all invalid,the only good thing was that when it came to light all tax and ni deductions were returned to people concerned nice windfall