Estate Agents (Don't you just hate them!!!)

Ben

We're not all bad - honest. I am currently working as an Estate Agent back in the UK will move to France this summer. I will be looking for a job so if anyone is recruiting or knows someone who might be, please let me know. Preferred locations are Payes-de-la Loirre, Poitou-Charentes or Limousin.

[quote user="Ben"]

We're not all bad - honest. I am currently working as an Estate Agent back in the UK will move to France this summer. I will be looking for a job so if anyone is recruiting or knows someone who might be, please let me know. Preferred locations are Payes-de-la Loirre, Poitou-Charentes or Limousin.

[/quote]

I don't. I have known some very nice ones.

I just think that, given the amount of regulation surround Estate Agents, employment law here and the fact that every Tom, Dick etc wants to work as one, then you are on a hiding to nothing.

I think that an inability to spell department names can't help, either.

Sorry.

Terms and conditions vary. Your experience may count, but French employers are more likely to be looking for a French qualification. Do not be surprised to have to provide (and pay for) your own car, phone etc, though these expenses are tax deductible. Also you can expect to work on commission only, or on a part-time basis on the minimum hourly wage. Don't be tempted to operate on your own unofficially dealing with British clients and British agents. There are plenty of such people around but the French agents enjoy grassing them up and the penalties for avoiding business registration are high.

Don't try to tell me that Estate Agent employers are badly paid. The lady who made the sale to us when we purchased, walked away with 3000euros commission all for herself; just for a few days over two week's! Nice work if you can get it!