Agent Commercial in a micro-entreprise?

amber1949

I have looked hard but can't find the answer...

We already have a micro-entreprise for our gite business. I have been offered the possibility of working as an agent commercial, selling, negotiating, with a client portfolio etc generating an additional income, as long as I stay overall under the 27,000€ limit?

For cotisation reasons, can I incorporate this activity into the k-bis for my micro-entreprise?

Or is something completely apart from a micro-entreprise and I need to set up a réelle simplifié?

Answers on a postcard please...

Thanks

Amber

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Did you ever get a reply to this question as I have the same problem?  I am a little different in that I am registered as a freelance consultant and work for a UK firm over the interenet part time and want simply to add the agent commercial to this to boost my income, I also have the gite thing but under a different siret.

Would love to know if you found out?

We had someone on our registration course with Ch de Metiers who had already set up a micro-bic for his gites, but was setting up another for doing carpentry.  The tutor couldn't understand why the guy wanted to pay two sets of cotistations if he wasn't going to go over the 27K threshold and tried to advise him to have it all under one - so it must be ok unless there's something strange about an Agent Commercial.

It's probably not the same, but I know of lots of people, including ourselves who have registered as one thing, but added other activities to the K-Bis (you just pay each time!).  Ours is even more complicated, as some of our work is covered by Ch de Metiers and some by Ch de Commerce.  Our work is totally unrelated.  As long as you have the relevant paperwork to prove what you will be doing and you are qualified in it (if needed), I THINK it's ok.  I assume you will be working for an agency, so will not have to worry about having to be qualified etc etc.  There are a lot of people doing it for a bit of extra money, so I can't see it should be that difficult to set up.  Good luck...

I do have a completely different question for jpe - did you have to set yourself up as a Micro-bic to work for the UK company, as I want to do something similar?  email me if you prefer...

Hi

Yes I did,  I now have a contracting agreement with my UK employer and they pay me on invoice which is taxed via the micro-bic, the UK tax office would not let me continue as an employee for the UK firm because I work on the internet and therefore had no connection to the UK.  For the gites we have a siret number and are a micro-bic but it's set up as a non-professional business so no social charges apply, that's why I had to have a separate one for my self employed status as it is classed as professional and I do pay social charges.  We had a good accountant who set all this up and I think I will go and talk to the ch de metier about the K-Bis and just get it added as you've suggested, that sounds like the right thing to do and as long as I declare my earinings and they stay under 27k, (that will be my next issue) I think that will work.  The agency do sort out the qualification, you do have to have the right credentials to be an estate agent here despite those we've all met who clearly don't!

thanks

Hi, you can incorporate anything into your K-Bis as long as it comes under the chambre de commerce jurisdiction, unless you have done the appropriate and recognised diplomas for the chambre de metiers (as well as their 5 day course) But do check about the agent commercial, because although a commercial post would seem obvious to come under the chambre de commerce you in fact have to register with the greffe to be an agent commercial and when I did I then had to de-register from the chambre de commerce! This may not be the case now or indeed in all departments. Also the route of de-rigistering is a long and painfull one, take my word for it.

Another point, I don't know what you are planning to sell as an agent commercial but as with contractors in the uk if it seems that you are infact working for one organisation as a commercial agent the rules have been changing and you may end up being seen as an employee and have to take your 'employer' task for the appropriate money, rights etc. This is particularly the case when it comes to selling houses and different departments view it differently and change their minds with the weather! Good luck and try to maintain a good relationship with the local chambre de commerce or employ an advocat de societe to check that all is right.