Buying Databases for Mailshots

mickey jim

Does anyone know how easy it is to buy databases (of local businesses) for mailshot purposes, and if so, where can I buy them from?  (They obviously exist, as, since we registered, we have recieved all sorts of stuff from people we've never heard of - some interesting, some not!).

Also, are they any laws on sending mailshots?  I assume, as long as I purchase the database legally, I am not doing anything illegal by sending the letters?? (purely introducing services)

mickey jim

[quote user="beryl"]

I believe that if you are in any way touting for business then you have to be registered first.

[/quote]

As Mickey Jim had said that he was registered, I doubt that this is a problem.

The Chambre de Commerce certainly hold  database of registered businesses; I expect that the Chambre de Metiers do also.  I spoke with one company who contacted me soon after registering my business, to ask them where they got my details.  They said that they were able to purchase the details of newly registered companies for mailshot purposes.   Assuming that this person hadn't lied,  I would think that your first port of call is to speak with the Chambre that you registered with, and ask if you can obtain a copy of the necessary database. 

Hi

Company information is obviously available from the various commerce offices, since as soon as you register junkmail starts arriving :)

There is one ready made and I would assume one of the largest in France, and FREE, is here, http://www.pagesjaune.fr enter the type of business, and city or dept and hit go!!! With some time and effort I'm sure you could compile a database to equal any you might pay for.

good luck