Land values and tax rebates on insulating old property.

jehe

I have a couple of questions that fellow forum members may be able to avise on.

The first is regarding a field of around one hectare (grassland) that a neighbour may be selling. I wonder if anyone can give me a guide to the approx value of said land ? (In Indre).

The second is regarding the conversion of an old building into a cottage. I was wondering if there are any tax concessions regarding wood burning stoves. insulation, double glazing, etc. ?

Thanks, Jim.

Can't answer the specific points but I can tell you that you need to be 'tax resident' in France to get any of the rebate money back. Basically this means filling in a French tax return as it is through this that you get your rebate. You might find what your looking for in the following link.

http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/building/renovation/

Try here:

[url]http://agreste.agriculture.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/venale2014baremebsva.pdf[/url]

Indre is on page 18

Tax concessions are available for certain home improvements the downside being that the materials must be bought and the work done by registered artisans and the price you pay for that, even with tax credits, can often mean that you're worse off than if you'd done it yourself with a little paid help where necessary.

What Q said about being resident too, technically a French tax payer but the two are pretty well the same thing.

Your local notaire will know the price of agricultural land, and that is to say land that is not to develop. It is usually quite cheap. However, when we bought some non constructable land, the land cost next to nothing, but the notaires fees/taxes were expensive.