hi new user

katmando620

hello i am very much hoping to move to france south west region will i a seperated 45 yr old hairdresser find work?as a hairdresser or office work i have some french and can understand quite well

is it realistic to make the move anyone got any tips PLease!!

Hi! Hairdressing like more than 50 different occupations is a 'regulated occupation' in France requiring specific qualifications. Best to investigate if your qualifications and/or experience are sufficient by checking with a chambre des metiers next times you are in France. There is also a European body called NARIC (which you will find on the internet) which helps in the acceptance of 'foreign' qualifications throughout Europe when you want to work outside your home country. Most secretarial work will require absolute fluency in French, plus possibly another language. But in the south you might find reception work to start with in, say, a hotel or even campsite catering for non-French visitors. May be seasonal but it's a start!

Very best of luck - P-D de R.

[quote user="katmando620"]

hello i am very much hoping to move to france south west region will i a seperated 45 yr old hairdresser find work?as a hairdresser or office work i have some french and can understand quite well

is it realistic to make the move anyone got any tips PLease!!

[/quote]

No.

Working in France is notoriously difficult.  There are so many rules and regulations and huge 'cotisations' to pay.  The statistics show that most businesses go under in their 3rd year.  If you have to rely on income from hairdressing only, I would seriously reconsider.  I would suggest that you do a lot of research first.  There are many, many hairdressers in France and maybe you would need to offer a different type of service, like maybe go mobile?  Just a thought.  Good luck.