Is the Diplôme de français des affaires (DFA) worth getting?

soholly

Does this diploma have any name recognition value or the like that would be useful for getting a job in France or elsewhere?

I have work experience & a university diploma in economics/finance plus a masters in a related field. I will (hopefully) get my diploma next week at the Sorbonne's French language program for finishing their highest level course. The DFA would attest to my knowledge of "business French" language-wise and of French business.

I am leaning against going for a DFA for a few reasons. One, it's expensive (755 euro for both prep course & test). Two, I have a business background already & can read to bone up on the French economy & business French. The main reason I'm hesitant to write off the DFA outright is because I don't know if this sort of diploma would carry any weight. My Sorbonne diploma's not chicken feed, but it doesn't have a business or practical bent.

Another thing is my lingering suspicion that the DFA is just an empty certification designed to get foreigners to spend money. The prep course is only 3 weeks long (15hr/week) so it can't attest to a whole lot. And a prospective employer can gauge from a person's CV then from the interview a candidate's oral/written French skills, and to an extent, knowledge of French business (if even important). So what does the DFA really add?

Does anyone have any familiarity with the DFA or know someone with it who could shed some insight? As to employment market in France and internationally? I would be looking for a job in business or law (yeah, vague). Thanks!