working in france

paul1968

looking to stay with friends in aquitaine , dordogne area , im in to property maintenance i can do most things but my main areas are plumbing & chimney sweeping , are you in this area or know anyone who is & think there is the call for my services ?

as i would like to buy a property in this area but only if i can find work please leave me all your feed back good & bad  thanks

i also have a friend in braux area offering to put me up while i get my feet on the ground is there much call for a maintenance man in that area main areas being property maintenance ,plumbing & chimney sweeping please give feed back good & bad welcome thanks

Property maintenance is not building work in France, more handyman and as such you would have to registere and insure and not be found to be carrying out large building works as that entails expensive insurance. To register with the Chambre de Metiers you really need to have a permanent address because you will go into the system to pay social charges.

In my experience good people always find work in the end - it may be a bit of an adventure with a few lessons learnt along the way, but if you've got what it takes people will warm to you, welcome you and beat a path to your door . 

Why make the move Paul?  If the "Why" is BIG enough a reason - you will always find the "How" to do it (eventually).

I say go for it! Best of luck  Ian