Clarity about CESU

Richie-Bytes

hi, i am sure that the person paying you has a limit to the amount of hours they can pay you for.. not really sure but 15 hours springs to mind (per week or month i dont know).  I think your constraint is more the fact that you are only supposed to work a 35 hour week so any infrigements would be noticed by the tax man.  I know this situation is currently changing so maybe worth asking your bank manager - ours seems to know alot about the rules.

it is oddly free from red tape on your part - i think the person employing you has more hoops to jump through though!  our side of it was basically providing some details and banking the cheques when they arrive! 

With reference to mandycats's post above, I have been doing 55 hours a month for my neighbour for the last three years. I also the odd hours here and there, as needed, for other CESU employers.

I am not aware there is a limit to the number of hours a CESU employer can offer the same employee, but, AFAIK, different parts of legislation apply when the job is child-minding for instance.