Moving to creuse soon from spain

orbit

Hi , My wife , daughter(25) and myself are hoping soon to be buying a property that was run as a b+b near aubusson , I have been running a legitimate satellite installation TV/ electronics repair buisness on the Costa Blanca for the last 18 years and now feel the time is right for a change , is there a way I can start in France as a sat installer , and my wife run the b+b , probably more as a hobby and way of meeting people than a money earning operation , without incurring  huge social security and social charges , I am used to paying roughly 7600 euros per year in ss, tax and vat payments before making anything in Spain ,  will France enable me to be better or worse off ? Any help or info from anyone who has made the move  from Spain, or works in the b+b or electronics /satellite trade would be gratfully received .

orbit  spain

Well, if you are paying 7600€ in social charges in Spain, then France is cheaper - I find that hard to believe! I don't understand the reference to VAT, though - how much of the 7600 was VAT?

Cotistations here run to about 3500 in Y1 then 6500 in Y2, dependant on a whole number of factors. There is no such thing as a "hobby" business, as you pay the charges regardless.

I got out of the electronics business (in the UK) to come here. There are however, plenty of satellite installers and TV repairers here, not sure about "electronics" repairers. I'd do my research vey carefully.

I'd be considerate of your daughter - not much of France is anything like Spain (boring is about the politest epithet I can come up with). I don't think there are any 25-year-olds around here - they have all moved to the UK!

And of course road tax on  2 motorbikes + 1 car , my question realy is  as I see it we have two options , I can hopefully start a micro enterprise doing sat / tv/ electronics repairs  like here , or we can register the b+b as a micro enterprise , I dont see either making too much money for a while  but is there a way I can set up say the sat buisness and have the b+b ( only 3 letting rooms ) as an added  form of income  paying one lot of cotisations  ?