Work for a 17 year old

Sweetpea

Bonjour

My friend's daughter (English, but speaks excellent French)  would like to go to college/classes, or find work.

She tried to register with a college course, but was turned down (not sure why, spomething to do with not having been in 'school' here.

She did do 1 year at collège, but left at 16 as she was being bullied.

Any advice as to how she can find work or something to do, please??

I don't know why your friend's daughter shouid have been turned down for a college place for that reason.

Two of my teenage daughters were accepted (in different places), even though they hadn't been to French school, except for short bursts.  I got them in by going to open days (usually Jan/Feb time), chatting to the head teachers in order to make an impression and then, in about April time, getting an interview with the head.  The interviews were not easy and, in each case I was met with scepticism.  But with perserverance during the interview, they both accepted the girls.  I suppose you could say that I didn't leave it to chance.

As for getting a job, take a look at:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1394242/ShowPost.aspx

Perhaps your friend's daughter could try again for a place.  Perhaps she could take some proof to her college interview of her ability in French or in the chosen study area.  I received the impression that the head teachers have a great deal of discretion about whom they accept.