starting a small camping business

melmoth

My wife and I have a house and a hectare of land in Lower Normandy and want to buy a yurt (a Mongolian tent) and let it out in the summer months. Can anyone give us advice on the legal aspects of this? For instance where would we go for permission and what might the law require in the way of toilets/showers and insurance? Do we actually need permmission for a business so small (many of the people staying will be friends or friends of friends)? Bearing in mind that this is going to be a tiny business with very little income and also that we both continue to live most of the year in the UK and thus pay UK tax. Any advice, personal experiences etc. would be most welcome.

Brendan

to create a small camping site, the new law just demands " simple déclaration préalable à la mairie s’il s’agit d’un aménagement ou d’une mise à disposition des campeurs, de façon habituelle, d’un terrain dans le but d’accueillir moins de 20 personnes ou moins de 6 tentes et/ou caravanes "

but what I haven't found yet is exactly what melmoth asks

[quote user="melmoth"] what might the law require in the way of toilets/showers and insurance?

Brendan

[/quote]

à+

Herbert