Cheque d'emploi payment

trastu

Hi everyone

My husband has been doing gardening work for different people under the cheque d'emploi system for about a year now. In all the cases the rate per hour agreed upon has been what my husband has actually received after all the cotisations have been paid. So, obviously then, this has been my understanding of how the cesu system works.

But last month I did a one off cleaning job for a french couple and the agreed rate was 8 euros per hour, so based on what has happened with my husband, I expected to receive a cheque for 16 euros for 2 hours work but today I have received the cheque in the amount of 14.94 euros.

So now I am a little confused, she has obviously deducted some cotisations but surely this now means that I have been paid less than the minimum wage, without even taking into consideration the 10% that needs to be added for holiday pay, as now this means that the 8 euros agreed on was the brut starting point and not the net amount receivable?

If this is the case, is this legal? I obviously agreed to the rate of 8 euros per hour but I was under the impression that this was the amount I would actually receive AFTER cotisations.

I realise that this is a piddling amount of money involved but I'd just like to be clear about what has happened for future reference.

Thanks in advance.

We are sure that any deduction from the agreed rate is wrong.  We pay our gardener under this system and always pay the agreed rate, including the holiday element, in full.  It seems expensive but the employer gets to deduct half of the pay and cotisations paid from their tax bill so actually quite cheap (at least for tax paying employers).

We have always understood that we have to pay ALL the cotisations even though some are for the employee.

Mrs H