Underfloor Heating

Fourbarewalls

I have priced up a system that Screw fix sell in the UK and this works out to 260 per 10m2. I have worked out to do the entire floor space downstairs it will cost in the region of 2,600

Would this be an efficient and cost effective way to heat an entire barn or do you think additional heating will be required.

The barn will be converted into an open ground floor level with kitchen dinner and lounge area, and seperate toilet washroom and utility room.

First floor will consist of 2 seperate mexxanine levels with 3 bedrooms and a bathroom, no ceilings on these rooms to allow full appreciation of the structure of the barn.

The lounge will also have the largest awood barner available

I dont really want to install radiators, so if it does require addational heating what sort do you advise.

Any experiences with this or other forms of heating

>I have priced up a system
>that Screw fix sell in
>the UK and this works
>out to 260 per 10m2.
>I have worked out to
>do the entire floor space
>downstairs it will cost in
>the region of 2,600
>
>Would this be an efficient and
>cost effective way to
>heat an entire barn or
>do you think additional heating
>will be required.
>
Underfloor is undoubtably the best form of heating for a barn. You shouldn't need anymore than the woodburner for backup but it really depends on size of building, insulation etc etc.

Do a search of the forum - you will find plenty of info about it (and Mazan really recommends it!)

Tom