UK Plugs to French Plugs

stu_71

Just to put my mind at rest! Can someone confirm that in general there is no problems in changing an appliances plug (UK) over to a french one upon arrival in the new house?
We have the normal things (microwave, W/Mach, Dishwasher)
Also, 3 or 4 way extension leads.

What are the general thoughts?

Thank you

There is no problem in changing plugs. We have used British appliances in France and vice versa without any problems. The French plugs (and all other French electrical fittings) always seem very flimsy compared with ours but presumably they are adequate.

No problems at all changing plugs, but make sure that you use earthed plugs where there are 3 wires.
For extensions how about an English extension cable (ie 3 flat-pin sockets) with a French plug? I have made up a couple and they are very useful, especially if you are not yet resident but visiting.

Dick

Electricity is one of our trades and I have a double socket in my bedroom with one side french and the other english,but you are only allowed to put one of these on one fuse. This is especially useful where we have appliances with transformer type plugs which cannot be changed for french ones.