Pregymax 32 de Lafarge Platres

Daver

Can anyone help !
I am struggling with my dictionary on the Point P web site trying to find out more about this material.
Has anyone used it for boarding/insulating walls.
Would it be suitable for boarding between the beams ?
How much does it cost ?
Is there anything better we can use ?
Many thanks
Carole & Dave

Please can you post either a link to the page in the on line catalogue or the menu path from the catalogue. I could not find the sheets in the plaitre section and I worked through most parts. If similar to 50 see notes below.

The Pregymax 50 is two sheets of plasterboard held apart by a box or honeycomb of stiff paper. Fine for internal walls where you get some sound insulation but I would not want to use it on a cealing. You would probably have to go to a plasterboard lifting machine and unless beams straight and true twice as difficult to cut in.

Dear Carole & Dave,

Pregymax 32 is designed for thermal and acoustic insulation.

It consists of a sheet of plasterboard with an 80mm backing of thermal/acoustic insulation.

The sheets are 260cm x 120cm and only have plasterboard on one side.

It is also available in a hydrofuge treated form for use in bathrooms, kitchens, etc. The sheets for this are slightly thicker.

The full specifications for these products are on the Lafarge website:

http://www.lafarge-platres.fr

We use Pregymax 32 for projects that primarily require soundproofing which cannot be provided by fibreglass insulation.

The downside is that it is expensive and heavy to handle. To use on ceilings you would need to hire a lifting platform, unless fixing small sections between beams.

Another answer referred to Pregymax 50 - I think that they are confusing this with Pregyfaylite 50 which is designed for building internal partition walls.

If you need any more advice, then please e-mail me directly.

Good luck!

Regards,

Bob Clarke
Le Grindoux Properties SARL
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux
[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
We tried to get pregymax at point p (after we had encountered the name frequently during reasearch) but point p had none in stock. in fact the point p in limoges seems to stock ONLY a few of the most popular materials - everything else needs to be ordered in .... which requires a 10 day wait. This is difficult when one is making specific visits for renovation.

Anyway, we ended up with Doublissimo. After we did some internet research we discovered this product was getting rave reviews. Point p had it in stock (although ONLY in the 80+13 mm version which complies with some kind of minimum thickness for insulation grant aid, or something. Any other thickness needed to be ordered specially).

Doublissimo is heavy ... we needed to get ours delivered on pallets that were off-loaded by a truck with a hydralic arm. Each 2.5 x 1.2 m2 sheet was a two-person lift, especially to avoid damaging the backing. Not an easy material to use.

We have yet to put its soundproofing to the test, although anything will be better than the two-inch-thick-walls-with-an-air-gap that were in the house already!