renovating in stages (permits)

Loulabel

i wondered if anyone had any experience of applying for permits when the work is going to be done in stages. We have a scarily large project which involves total renovation of a house and then we'd like to create a gite/summer house in a little barn on-site. I'd quite like to start with the little barn which will then provide accommodation while we work on the main house. Due to costs of work the project will be done in stages - i wondered if anyone who had renovated a house and barn had applied for separate permits to do this or whether the planning officials insist on the long term project being submitted from the off-set. The reason I'd like to submit two separate plans is due to budget possibly changing...my ideas for the main house may well change before we start on this. The whole emsemble has a CU.

Best Regards
Lou

Hi Lou,

Have a look at your plan cadastral, are all the buildings on different parcelles. In this case you could submit applications bit by bit. Our mill and various barns are all on different parcelles, so we have been doing things bit by bit. It might work for you.