Want some Kingspan!

Thedunnes

I have posted a couple of times about Kingspan in the nope if trying to find something similar in france, but to no avail. There are similar products (and yes Bob I have you M&T pages safely forgotten on my desk in France and will post them when I get back in July) but none come in the large sheets that Kingspan produce (1200mm x 2400mm) which mean minimum waste when infilling between rafters.

Anyway it might sound utterly mad but I am almost certainly going to bring in a truckload of the stuff into France. In the UK it costs about 7.50 per m2 and becasue I am getting it very direct so even with feight it is costing me about 7m2 delivered in Correze. If anyone is interested in sharing part of this load, then let me know.

Logistically the load is being delivered to my farm 2 miles from J43 of the A20 in July. Leave a message in my in box if you are interested. If you don;t know what Kingspan is then look at this

http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/newdiv/pdf/tp10.pdf

Stephen (19)

LAST EDITED ON 29-Jun-04 AT 12:38 PM (BST)

I was intrigued by your posting as partner helped friend during the winter install what sounded a similar product but obviously obtained in France at our local brico.

They fitted the product - sheets of lightweight, thick, compressed polystyrene (he can't remember what it was called)between the joists of a grenier roof and then rough plastered it. My partner raved about it at the time as he had just finished fitting heavy plasterboard in our cottage and this stuff was so much lighter!

Anyway - promo leaflets arrived today and Weldoms are selling sheets of Isolava polystyrene 250x120 ep.10+60mm for 5.95 euros per sq mtr.

The website is http://isolava.be (it's manufactured in Belgium but sold throughout France). The website isn't brilliant - just gives spec.

Is this the stuff you want or have I got it totally wrong? If it is similar stuff perhaps I have saved you loads of trouble!

regards......helen