Architect Stamp!

Miki

We have a friend who has drawn his own plans for his restoration project and excellent they are too. They have been sent back by the DDE and the changes required have been done and anything needed has been added to the dossier but of course the 170m ruling has been addded. Therefore an architect will be required to serve any plans to the DDE.

I am not sure what is happening these days but when we drew our own, some time ago now and in a diffrent region, we sought out an Architect who went through them, suggested changes etc, we gave him carte blanche to change a bit here and there and then give them to the DDE.

This was an awful lot cheaper than letting the Architect draw the plans and do the project from "start to finish".

So my question is; does anyone know any Architect in the 35 (or 22) region who would be willing to take on the drawings and get the plans passed by the DDE planning ? He would prefer someone near to Saint Malo if possible.

Is this possible these days anyway ? Been a long time away from the building trade and have not really kept up with the last few years rules and regs and have no idea if anything has happened to disallow Architechs to do this.

One or two in this area who used to do this, are now, making the gallic shrugs and tutting noises, which kind of says to me that they are really busy now, with all the work going on an don't want to take this one on at the moment, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any useful replies.

Miki

Miki, we get involved in many planning applications above the 170sq m rule and it is often not worth the bother trying to let the Uk client do his own drawings that then have to be passed by a French registered architect. For one, most French registered architects won't touch plans done by others and French regsitered architects are much more knowledgeble in terms of local acceptance criteria, materials and architectural styles than any Uk based architects could ever be.

I've seen some quite good plans drawn up too by my clients which have fallen by the wayside at the submission stage. Quite often the architects registered in France will have built up a good relationship with the DDE and local planning authorities and will almost have carte blanche on their submittal drawings. People deal with people and it is often not what you know but who you know that can make a difference.

Declaration de travaux applications for smaller works are of course much simpler and can easily be tackled by most people with a little knowledge.

I must say I'm sure there are others who would dispute the above but certainly here in Mayenne running a renovations business this is the case in my experience. Regulations have certainly tightened in the years since I first started
I hope this helps;

Paul

I have a French Architect locally who will sign of plans that I prepare as long as they meet his very exacting standards. Most Architects will say that they are not allowed to just sign plans off but that they have to be drawn by them.

The plans required for a 'Demande de Permis de Construire' are still fairly basic but there are a lot of small details that have to be included so it is generally easier and quicker to gat an expert to do it.

Regards

Charles
http://www.lesflamands.com/hr