labourers wanted near Souillac (46)

Elensw

I wonder if anyone could give me any advice on hiring labourers. The roof of our old house fell in some time ago and much of the roof structure, tiles and part of the first floor has fallen into the house itself. Removing this debries is something that needs man-power and a lorry rather than a skilled artisan. I would be really grateful if anyone could let me know the best course of action re hiring someone to do this...are labourers listed in pages jaunes and what are they called in France? Alternatively if anyone knows anyone in The Lot (we are close to the border with 19) I would be grateful for a recommendation.

Thanks!

Being just a self employed labourer dosn't really exist here. If you work for a boss,then unless you have a special skill like a maon then you are an ouvrier(labourer) and are paid according to your skill level and age etc. If someone sets up as self-employed in any metier here they have to register as an artisan because of the social charges. Your best bet would be to find someone doing this under the cheque emploi system BUT they do need to have insurance etc and with this system it is not always in place whereas a proper artisan has to provide public liability and deennale. You will also find currently that the building trades are all on holiday until beg.Sept in France.

When we needed our huge hangar cleared we asked a local farmer who very kindly agreed to do it with his larger trailer. his charges were very reasonable also.
On another occasion another local farmer lent us his very large trailer for us to make use of ourselves and then took the debris et al away to dispose of. Again very reasonable cost. May be worth trying

Good Luck