DOES ANYONE NEED 3 RSJ(I) BEAMS?

Carol Barney

Hi, removal of rsj, i would support them 18 inches or so from one end, by acro and ropes from next floor or rafters if they are up to it, then cut  the end with an angle grinder, 2 cuts loose the 18 inches, Hit beam carefully to loosen other end, support end in wall and draw it back and out to the floor, then lower the other end using the rope,  variations on this method depending on what is around you etc/.... good luck, dont forget the steel boots hard hat and medical insurance, mark

[quote]We have 3 RSJ(I) beams in our barn which we need to take out, are they of any use to anyone? They are 200mm x 200mm x approx 5.5m long. Any suggestions on easiest way to get them out? We are in Vien...[/quote]

Hi

I dont mean to put a dammper on things , but I am very experienced in this type of work ( over 30 years),

I would be very very careful about moving beams of this size & weight , it would be dangerous to try to move something like this without proper knowhow , it cannot & shouldnot be attempted without the correct lifting equipment , for safeties sake do not let anybody tell you otherwise it is too dangerous .

If you need any more help you can e-mail me direct .

Brian.