Flexible flue liner

Rtony

Can anybody tell me the French for 'Flexible, chimney flue liner' please? & Has anybody seen it for sale 'online' in the popular French outlets?

I thought about taking some over on the roof rack. Does 7 metres of 200mm diameter sound feasible?

Thanks,

Tony

The one we just used was called 'Ten Inox' tubage flexible. It's readily on show in all the DIY shops, but there's a huge difference in prices! We we quoted 32 euros a metre at one place, and bought it for 12 euros at the next place. 7 metres should be OK on your roof rack. We bought 10 metres of 150 diameter, and it rolled up quite nicely on our trailer. Depends how far you are going I suppose!

Linda

Tony,

You need to look for tuyaux fumée inox lisse - flexible stainless steel flue pipe.

There are different types for different installations - some are designed to be used with gas/oil central heating systems others with gas/oil central heating systems and also wood-burning stoves/insert stoves.

For our wood-burning stove installations we pay around 30 Euros a metre for top quality

200cm stainless-steel pipe.

I cannot believe it would be worth the hassle of bringing it from the UK.

Most areas of France have decent trade suppliers that are members of GAPSA - www.gapsa.fr

You will probably find a local trade counter that will be able to provide all you need at a decent price.

n.b. Gaine is flexible trunking for electric cables/water pipes, etc.

Good luck with your project!

Regards,

Bob Clarke

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

[quote]Tony, You need to look for tuyaux fumée inox lisse - flexible stainless steel flue pipe. There are different types for different installations - some are designed to be used with gas/oil central hea...[/quote]

Thanks to all for the replies.

Bobc,

We've seen Grade 1, 316, St. Steel flexible liner over here (England ) for £17 a metre, which we thought was reasonable. But if we can get it in France (South Vendee) for 30 Euros then I agree it wouldn't be worth the trouble of taking it.

Thanks,

Tony

Then of course there's the liner insulation, register plate, clamps, etc.