Peter Parfait's Hot Property Alert

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has come across "Peter Parfait's Hot Property Alert" company and if they have any knowledge about this company and it's offerings ?  The adverts and brochure "reveals the hidden property markets which are set to explode".......   It's not just about France but across Europe as a whole.  Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

Here's a typical extract:

"Join exclusive HPA investment syndicates,

spread the risk and share the rewards (as much as 40% pa). This chap

started with £10,000 in January 2000. He now controls a development

firm worth £15m. Find out who he is, learn from his experience and

maybe join his team, only through HPA."

Sounds too good to be true?  It probably is.  Be a mug.  Sign up now.

Peter Parfait

And to find out my secret of why I will send you 1000 euros send me 2000 euros and I will let you in on my secret.

A little while back I saw a bumper sticker on a car saying 'call this number to find out how you can earn £100 per hour'. The car seemed as though it would have trouble making it to a breakers yard it was in such a state. Obviously, the owner of the car was not interested in making £100 per hour.

Personally, if I knew how to make a load of money from an enterprise would I want others muscling in on my territory - unless the enterprise consisted of flogging guides to enable people to make money that it was not possible to make

[quote user="Dene n Jules"]

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has come across "Peter

Parfait's Hot Property Alert" company and if they have any knowledge

about this company and it's offerings ?  The adverts and brochure "reveals the hidden property markets which are set to explode".......   It's not just about France but across Europe as a whole.  Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

[/quote]

Generally the only get-rich-quick schemes that work are those that

carry certain risks to life and limb: bank robery, drug dealing, that

kind of thing.

We used to have a saying: "As soon as you can spot a bandwagon, it is too late to get on it."

If a low priced area (and they exist, in France and elsewhere, and they

are usually low priced for a reason) suddenly gets a lot of buying

interest, prices will rise. Speculative rises are not the same as true

demand-driven rises, so sellers may find that disposing of their

"bargin" can  suddenly reveal a rather wider bid-offer spread than

perhaps they had hoped.

Personally, I would note the adage that a fool and his money are easily

parted and stear clear of any money making venture that I didn't

actually fully understand.

Yes, thanks Jon and P for your responses. Yes, whilst it sounded to good to be true, it was advertised in a (reputable?) property magazine and it also had a famous sports person giving his name to it too.  Thought it was worth asking the forum if they had any dealings with them.  Oh well.....gonna take off my rose tinted specs and chuck em in the bin. [geek]

e: Peter Parfait's Hot Property Alert

I also got a copy of this "magazine" ( 4 pages long?) a few years back--and couldn't get rid of them! They kept arriving and it was mostly the same stuff regurgitated over and over again.

Also a few people offering "property buying seminars" full of "exciting  information" and upwards of £450 a time.

Really not worth bothering with--you can find far better info online--for free.

Pauline

• 3 weeks later...

these type of things are everywhere.

we were looking at investing in the uk buy-to-let market and a quick browse on the internet for information just throws up dozens of links similar to the one mentioned. they target people (like myself) who when starting out have little idea of what they want or how to go about getting it, they promise the earth and streets paved with gold. the only person benefiting from this advice is peter parfait.

The uk market is now so over crowded we have swithched our sights to france, i would much rather seek and take advice from people on this forum and others like them who stand to make nothing from passing on the knowledge thay have and the REAL experiances  they have been through, than somebody who charges for a few bits of info that you could find on a dozen other sites or buy simply picking up a phone and talking to a reputable estaste agent or developer.