My Limited French !!

St Lo

Punch yes it is, but as you said, like Hoover, for vacuum cleaner, everyone uses the word velux and EVERYONE will know what this poster wants, well around here they would....... is it really that different in other regions? I am just for keeping it simple and easily understood.

Velux will do it! Yes to the person who asked if they were being pedantic, yes, yes, yes! You are not alone though - there are lots like you on this forum.

Balls to how limited your French is, just go and try! Draw pictures if you have to or try using the English word in a French accent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually this sometimes works as so many of our words are derived from french so it's not quite as stupid as it sounds! If you get a quizzical look, you'll know that you've stuffed up!!! I've found everyone really helpful down at the local builders' merchant and we have muddled along between us even if they do laugh at me sometimes!!! I even got a persian cat there last week!!! No this is not a joke, a black and white persian needed a home so he has come to live with me and my other 5 cats and 4 dogs. Oh and he's called Geoffrey Humbug Squidgit!!! I keep a little vocab book and write down new technical terms as I forget them so quickly. Schoolgirl French doesn't really prepare you for technical building terms!!!!

I'm sure this is of little use to you but I had to pass comment on Mr Pedantic's kind words!!!