mail order DIY supplies

Yvonne

Decided to pursue the Screwfix delivery thing into Europe and got the following encouraging reply!

Dear Fiona

Thank you for your email,which Amanda has passed to me for my attention.

I regret to inform you that due to problems with our new system we are currently unable to process any Euro Orders.  However, I can assure you that we are working hard to resolve the issues and we hope to be able to process Euro Orders shortly.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment this may cause, I will be in contact with you as soon as the new process is in place.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Regards

Angela Loader
Euro Order

Let'e hope that in the not too distant future we'll be able to order from Screwfix and take delivery in France!

I git a similar reply unfortunately.

Thank you for your email.

Screwfix Direct does not deliver to overseas addresses.  Deliveries are normally made to UK postal addresses in order to keep its costs, and therefore its product prices, as low as possible.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Regards

Tammi Heals

Screwfix Direct Customer Services

• 2 weeks later...
I emailed screwfix asking them if they would deliver to or operate in france and they said that they had no plans to do so at present.  Seems a shame when Viking direct (office supplies) and dabs (computer supplies) both have french websites.  I ordered some stuff from castorama online, a chain saw (after 5 weeks they sent the wrong one) and some loft insulation (after 6 weeks I cancelled). With dabs.fr I ordered a dvd re-writer (no good) delivered and returned and refunded in a week and other things at extremely cheap prices delivered within 3 days.