Water tap, electrical socket minimum distance.

Jackie

I am sure that this may have been covered before but search has revealed nothing.  I would be most obliged if anyone could remind me of the minimum permitted distance between a water tap and an electrical socket. The tap in question feeds a washing machine input hose and the 20 amp socket powers the same. Many thanks in anticipation……………….John

PS Can anyone confirm that the solder in in-line brass stop valves you get at the Brico stores are good for both hot and cold water.

IANAE, but...

If I have interperated the regs correctly then it is 60cm, and must be in "Volume 3" (one of the electricity books will detail the volumes). The socket  must be on a 30mA trip, too.

All soldered (or brazed) (most) plumbing is good for hot, cold or CH. Provided, of course that you do it correctly!

I love questions like this.

My enormous bathroom is 2m².  It has a shower, a loo, a washbasin, two radiators, two cisterns (I plan to remove the other honestly but it is a bit rusted on!)  AND four million wires and two fuse boxes, the EDF box, the water heater box.......

Don't be so British.  Get French.  Splash it all over.  Get electricuted!

Hot water to a washer? Ours only uses cold. When I asked about why, the French salesman was very surprised, saying (rightly, I suppose), "But sir, your washing machine would empty your chauffe eau."

Anyway, I don't think any plumbing washer will object to hot water. They don't like lime, but that's another story.

Alcazar

Ok and thanks. The in-line valve I mentioned was a feed to a sink and not the washing machine. We are still using the Brit machine we brought over with us and have yet to replace it with a French one. The hot and cold feeds are tied together with a Y connector and it seems to work OK on cold only though it does take longer to get through a cycle as you might expect, as the water has to be heated by its own immersion heater.......................John