Soil Pipe Sizes

Choochoo

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me the regulation size for piping to carry Toilet waste to the fosse septique ? I have been told it is 100mm, this seems a bit small to me so before I put it in the trench and concrete it in I would like some confirmation.

Also how do you connect Basin waste etc. I dont seem to see a strap type fitting that you use in the UK.

Last thing, can somebody repeat the name of the one way valve which can take the place of a vent pipe sticking out of the roof.

Many thanks for all your help.

John & Sue (50)

100mm is correct for a toilet. My French plumbing book confirms it.

Strap on fittings are available, I bought one last week at Brossette BTI in Dinan. If you can't find a strap on then get a T piece with a 100 to 40 reducer inserted into the T. A slidable rubber sleeve is available if you have to cut into an existing soil pipe.

If you can't find the rubber sleeves with the jubilee clips to help you connect to an exisiting line, you will find - in the bigger builder's merchants - a combination sleeve and socket: one end glues to a pipe or fitting (elbow or 'T' for example) and the other, rubber, end slides over the cut end of the pipe.

Why are the French so besotted with solvent weld piping? To my mind the rubber gasket 100 fittings and the smaller guage waste pipe with the rubber 'O' rings are far superior, and a bloody sight easier to install, too!

Mind you, I'm just biased because the fumes from the styrene glue make me wheeze. How anyone can sniff that stuff is beyond me!

paul