Grease Trap on 2005 Spec Fosse

Dog

I have just had a 5000 litre fosse installed to the new specification - it doesn't seem to have a grease trap can this be right.

I am getting conflicting vague answers - such as the grease trap is in the fosse not separate or it isn't necessary - I am perplexed.

A recent Devis for a 5000 litre fosse included a 500 litre grease trap and if you think about it logically - what happens to the grease if there is no trap!!

It may be that it is a seperate unit but integral within the fosse, in which case you should have an inspection hatch and seperate pipework for water from sink, bath, washing machine etc.

When I had my soil test, I asked the man this same question.  As far I can recall, a grease "Box" is only required if the fosse septique is more than 5 metres from the property (or is it 3 metres).

Sorry, make that fosse - not fosse septique - i.e. the tank.

From what I have read fitting a bac a graisses is not mandatory but advisable in terms of extending the periods between cleaning the fosse. Especially when when there is likely to be a fairly frequent or high volume of grease issuing from the kitchen (!) or the fosse is a long way from the house.