Planning & Building Regulations.

charlieboy

Sorry, just posted in wrong section. Now suitably chastised.

Can anyone advise as to the nessessity for building

regulations on new builds in France. I am familiar with the regs here but not in France. Are they required as here or is there another form of stage inspection? Any info gratefully received.

Not sure I'm entirely clear what you need to know, but ... ...

You will need a Permit To Construct, and your building will need to conform to building regulations including local regulations. Once you have received the permit, based upon your application form details including plans etc., you will have to ensure you stick to the approved plan. Nobody will visit at intervals to check and sign-off the works. However, if it is discovered that you have not conformed to your permit details, BEWARE, you are virtually certain to be required to take it down!! There are no 'get-out-of-goal-free' cards to play.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Not sure I'm entirely clear what you need to know, but ... ... You will need a Permit To Construct, and your building will need to conform to building regulations including local regulations. Once yo...[/quote]

Yes, your information has been helpful and confirms recent advise received from an English architect living in France.

Many thanks,

CHARLIE.