Soil pipes in concrete floor

Ianhaycox

I have a recently laid, by macons, concrete floor with all the soil pipes buried under the floor. At each point where there is going to be a toilet, hand basin etc. there is a short section of pipe protuding from the floor. About 30-40 cms, covered with orange tape to stop muck.

The short bits of pipe don't seem to be glued into the elbow below the surface. My guess is that these bits are meant to be removed then replaced with the final installation.

Is this normal practice ? or are you just meant to connect onto the current short section and assume it won't leak under the floor. I'm reluctant to pull a pipe out in case I can't get it back in again.

yes its current practice to leave the last section not glued,as you can then alter the pipe length to suit the fitment that will be above.You could also have a square of polysterene around the pipe so that any errors in measurement can be repaired without breaking out the concrete.

Hi..your question indicates that you should not be let loose near plumbing....employ them ( the froggies) or someone else technically qualified "a la piece of paper s'appele "licence" du plombiere"  to do the finishing....

The answer you received is NOT definitively correct. The whole point missed by you both is 's bend'. I suggest you leave this simple completio to the experts in france

The pipe does NOT need to be loose at all to be finished though if it IS left that way it must a) ultimately be glued in proffesionally.It may have been left like that to facilitate cutting but most plumbers can cut a pipe protruding from the floor without removing it uness severly handicapped.

On the other hand if the plumber leaves the pipe in place without gluing it I would be asking ..no!!,,,,, actually demanding of them and refuing to allow them to proceeed further ....to glue it securely after finishing the piping properly (ie chamfering and removing all dags)..The "s bend" whilst holding pressure from the joints you mention does not excuse unglued joints..glue it!!!

For the umpteenth time..could you pommies just use French tradesmen instead of performing your own horrible and ignorent work and selling it off later when you sell "the house that jack built!!"

Try having the place inspected along the way also by French architectural experts.......

Cheers..

Hi..your question indicates that you should not be let loose near plumbing....employ them ( the froggies) or someone else technically qualified "a la piece of paper s'appele "licence" du plombiere"  to do the finishing....

The answer you received is NOT definitively correct. The whole point missed by you both is 's bend'. I suggest you leave this simple completio to the experts in france

The pipe does NOT need to be loose at all to be finished though if it IS left that way it must a) ultimately be glued in proffesionally.It may have been left like that to facilitate cutting but most plumbers can cut a pipe protruding from the floor without removing it uness severly handicapped.

On the other hand if the plumber leaves the pipe in place without gluing it I would be asking ..no!!,,,,, actually demanding of them and refuing to allow them to proceeed further ....to glue it securely after finishing the piping properly (ie chamfering and removing all dags)..The "s bend" whilst holding pressure from the joints you mention does not excuse unglued joints..glue it!!!

For the umpteenth time..could you pommies just use French tradesmen instead of performing your own horrible and ignorent work and selling it off later when you sell "the house that jack built!!"

Try having the place inspected along the way also by French architectural experts.......

Cheers..

I've not enjoyed the forum this morning Plato, having read numerous responses you have made in various sections.

Please stop calling everyone ignorant, pommies, lulus etc.

tresco

EDIt: I've just seen that Will the Conq has made a similar comment in the thread titled Chauffe Eau. 

[quote]Hi..your question indicates that you should not be let loose near plumbing....employ them ( the froggies) or someone else technically qualified "a la piece of paper s'appele "licence" du plombiere" t...[/quote]

stupid pomme eh 15 years in french gros oeuvre with a BTS in gene civil,to boot tells me that this is standard practice of macons doing ground works ,since when have you sealed an s bend under a concrete floor learn les regles d'art before getting out your keyboard