MONTMORILLON Vienne tradespeople/artisans

loopylurcher

Having just been let-down YET AGAIN (third time) by a so called "hand-holding" agency (I must have DESPERATE tattood on my forehead) I really really would appreciate it if anyone in this area may know of a plumber and an electrician to do all works in a smallish house in the town of Montmorillon. We have only felt obliged to enlist the "help" of, and pay through the nose to, these apalling people because our French, although we try hard just is not up to scratch where detail is essential. This has been going on for 2 years and I am so fed-up. It is like wading through treacle. Thanks Jennifer - definitely LOOPYLURCHER

Hi Jennifer

We have a barn conversion just south of Montmorillon and are using a plumbing firm called SARL Beauchesne, who are in Montmorillon - 05 49 91 25 26. They were the only firm who didn't laugh at us when we asked for wet underfloor heating. Not the cheapest (total bill about 25k euros for oil fired heating and plumbing), but very high quality. They also have both fax (05 49 84 02 10) and email (www.beauchesne-chauffage.com) which is a major bonus - none of our other suppliers have either! I believe from their letterhead (although don't know from experience) that they also do electrical installation.

Good luck!

Simon and Liz (87)

Hi Simon and Liz. This is a good start! Very many thanks for that information. They sound professional.  Although our requirements are not in your league they may be interested as we are in town. We have decided to go it alone and be independent despite the lack of confidence. It will probably do us good. You are going to be very cosy in your barn next winter padding about in bare feet........oooooh bliss indeed! Very best wishes to you. Jennifer