Planning Permission

Leo. H

Hi, can anybody let me know why a Architect would hold on to the planning permission after the work had been done..ie..I have owned a property in area 53 (Mayenne) for about a year, we have a English Architect who has lived and worked in France for 12 years, we have paid for the planning permission and he has informed us that it has been cleared, we have started work on said property...through the Architect..using French builder..who it has to be said where cheaper then the british builders we had quotes from..(another story)..but I have not seen any paperwork or written permission from the local Marie...I have already paid the Architect his fee,s for applying for the permission but so far I am acting on his word that we have got it...any ideas please...thanks....

Hi, yes I have asked him several times as thing started to go really slow trying to get a French roofer, hence I was going to try and find one myself,  but still haven't seen anything, when I next go over I may well go to the Marie,s office and ask if it has been obtained, although I may be shooting myself in the foot if I do as like I said work has been started for some while now...thanks for the reply....Leo

Take the reference number for the PdC off the board outside the building site and check it at the mairie yourself, they will give you the details. There must,by law,be a board stating all the relevent building details/proprietaire etc sited there.