Rough plaster/paint

Iceni

We have an area in our new bedroom which needs a rough plaster effect on the wall (because of the shape of the area and the amount of beams/pegs it is made up of relatively small bits of plasterboard). Now the whole room is 'interesting' so I quite fancy a rough plaster effect on all the walls and sloping ceiling. Is there a paint that will give this effect. I am sure I saw some textured effect paint in the bricos but would rather buy on recommendation. It needs to be either white or ecru (magnolia) as I want the same colour on all surfaces.

Thanks - oh the joys of building in a barn roof

We used interior crépi for a similar application, and it worked fine.

It comes in white or 'ton pierre' ( sort of cream), is cheap as chips and you can produce all sorts of effects and textures, depending on the application tool. i.e. brush, crépi roller, sponge, pallette knife etc.

Regards

David

There are lots of testured paint finishes available. I find Mr Bricolage tend to have a good display, one make I have used is Boiro. I have also used Torchis a l'Ancienne from Brico Depot and they have a variety of other effects as well, usually with a display panel. Most have white or off white shades, but beware of asking for Magnolia it is much more pink than the UK version (probably nearer a real magnolia petal in fact). Crepi as mentioned already is probably a cheaper alternative.

These finishes are usually water based and easy to apply with a spatula or roller depending on the effect you want. I think it is worth looking out for something that can be removed and most of them claim they can be stripped like wallpaper although I have not yet had to try.

Some might say YUK ARTEX but I rather like these rough finiahes in moderation and in the right room.

LIz (29)