Snagging experts

Dog

The builders have nearly finished our renovations and there are somethings that I find questionable both in design, construction and quality of finish.

It would be useful to know if there are professionals available in France to give unbiased advice on work that has been carried out and suggest amelioration.

To answer both of your questions with one reply.

Your first course of action should be to go around the project with your builder and compile a list of the points that you are not happy with and then give him the opportunity to resolve them to your satisfaction within a reasonable timescale.

I am puzzled how you have got into this situation when the work is nearly finished.

If you feel that you have gone beyond this point then you could employ an 'Expert de Batiment' who will inspect the work that has been carried out and prepare a report for you. There is obviously a cost element involved in this, and by then you will probably have completely alienated your builder and be into a legal situation.

Having read your second posting, then assuming that these fans have been installed by the same builder, then you may well need an 'Expert'!

Venting any extractor fans, be they bathroom or kitchen is completely wrong. In the case of bathrooms this will cause moisture and mould problems and with kitchens a fire risk from grease.

It is fairly simple to take the waste air out through the roof - all decent builders merchants sell the tile fittings to allow this.

Good luck!

Regards,

Bob Clarke
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

Thanks for your reply.

I have questioned things along the way and sometimes they have altered things and other times I am told that's the way it's done.

I can speak with knowledge and conviction about my own trade but I am not a builder, plumber, electrician or plasterer.