Electrical Connection

ChrisWilko

A friend of mine has bought a house in France and I'm jealous so when he asked me to complete some electrical wiring work that a French Electrician had left not done I jumped at the chance of a free holiday in Brittany.  Now I've got the bug and am looking for a house of my own.

However, EDF will not connect until I have a certificate to cover the work done.

According to the books I have read I have wired it to French Regulations using all French products and no ring mains etc.  How can I get a certificate to cover the work I have done (in exchange for a holiday) and from where do I get it?

I would add that I am a qualified electrician in the UK.  Can someone also point me in the direction of what needs to be done so that I could work in France.

Chris Wilko

For a completely new installation the system needs to be checked by an inspector from CONSUEL (Comite national pour la securite des usagers de l'electricite) before EDF will connect.

See http://www.consuel.com which gives contacts and prices for inspection.

If there is already an existing EDF connection, CONSUEL doesn't seem to be obligatory, and providing you do not disturb the EDF meter and only connect to the downstream side of the disjonctuer de branchement / abonnement, you can do your own thing but any new work should comply as far as you can with NF C 15-100

Jim (50 et Oxfordshire)

I was just wondering if either of you had any information on installing the electricity yourself as ours is a complete renovation and I wanted to know if there was a website that you referred to or what the best plan of attack would be.

Many thanks

Mocha

I was just wondering if either of you had any information on installing the electricity yourself as ours is a complete renovation and I wanted to know if there was a website that you referred to or what the best plan of attack would be.

Many thanks

Mocha