Help roofing question

Azila

Help,

We have received our devis for fixing our roof but our roofer has thrown me by writing the following:- "Fourniture et pose de 69m d'airflex en isolation" the thing I do not understand is the airflex bit, is this the brand name for the waterproof material that goes under the tiles because he has  also written on the next line "pose de 69m de sous toiture 262,97euro" and I cannot work out what this is at all.

Thanks Azila

Airflex is a brand name for a reflective foil insulation product. I think he must be suggesting this in place of roofing felt (ecran sous toiture) which would be the 262.97 euros. Airflex ia about 11 euros per square metre so 69 square metres would be around 760 euros.

Hi Anton & Charles

Thanks for the quick reply. If my roofer uses this airflex material does it mean I don't need a waterproof felt as he has give me a price of 1209.68euro just for the airflex. I don't mind paying the extra as long as I know the roof is watertight and insulated. Sorry to ask more of you but I'm sure when we talked to the roofer he showed us two different types of material but of course when you get back here you remember differrently.

Thanks Azila

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I dont know if you received all the information you needed for your roof? but yes the Airflex is a insulation material that if the roof is being re tiled/slated then it goes on with counter battens onto the roof

The insulation should enable the roof to breath as well as keep it cool in summer by reflection and warm in Winterby insulation

After the insulation working out to the outside the boards come next (Vollege)which have a air gap between them and the insulation allowing air flow

I beleive it is a good idea to put felt or tyvek next as if a slate or tile comes off the boards stay dry

and finally the slates /tiles

The above is dependant on the roofing types in your area but in the main they are

just variations Remember if you do it right now then there are no worries when it is January cold and tipping it down

Hope this helps

VJ