Wood effect upvc windows

Angie

Does anyone know of a company in France that supply woodgrain effect upvc windows and french doors.  We are tempted to go for hardwood but know we will regret the maintenance in years to come.  We are in Dept. 11.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lapeyre have two wood grain effects for their Classic PVC range but it looks as though it won't be cheap as the brochure says it is available made to measure only. The option is marketed as "Pack Decor bois" on P68 of the current catalogue. They guarantee the PVC range for 10 or 15 years but give a 20 year guarantee on the oak range of timber windows although the oak is more expensive for standard sizes.

Best Regards

Alan.

One of the advantages of hardwood is the LACK of maintenance required. My French house has 100-year-old windows which lost their paint years ago and look set to go on for another 100 years!  The only problem with them is finding a way to draught-proof them without ruining the appearance. 

I know I would always regret swapping real wood and original features for plastic, whoever made the new windows. So they are staying, and any additions will also be made of the real stuff.

I suppose though it depends on the style of the property. Plastics suit modern houses so it makes sense to use them, whereas trying to make a new house look old often ends up with a naff result.