Consuel Inspection For EDF Connection.

Jerac

Does anyone know whether the Consuel will inspect and certify a part installation?

We are converting a barn in 53. The project is in two parts. There is a single storey part at the back of the barn which contains all the complicated electrics and plumbing. This is now at an advanced stage of completion and will provide living space while we tackle the cathedral like part at the front, which is a long way from having lighting and power outlets.

We use a generator at the moment, but would like some heat and hot water over the winter months. 

EDF have agreed to give a supply and have put a peg in the ground where the pole will go. They have also offered a provisional supply for construction, but I would prefer to go for the definitive 18Kva.

So, can I get certification for the part that is finished, and add the rest later?

Jerac.

Probably not. They usually insist on a completely finished installation before certification.

The normal route would be to take the builders supply (usually for a maximum of a year) and finish the work (I appreciate that they won't give you a 18KVA temporary supply, but is your genny rated this high?).

If the house part is complete with kitchen, bathroom, phone points etc. and the Barn part still looks like all you are going to do is park the combine harvester / ride on mower there you might get it signed off but not if it is clear from plans etc that there is work outstanding..