sous tuiles

arthur smith

i am about to re-roof my barn in 87, and having looked at various options, but want to stick to a traditional tile. i am very tempted by "sous-tuiles". these are the waterproof, ridged, under sheets that come ready insulated.

they appear to make the whole process simpler, as the "over" tiles fix straight on to them, and they are ready insulated with a prepared finish on the underside.

has anyone used this system ? and if so is it as easy as it looks ?

of course, if it makes things easy, then it must be more expensive. anyone any idea on sheet sizes and costs ?

thanks

Can I register an interest in the replies please ?

Assuming that my co-prop pull their collective fingers out then I am due to have 50 sqm of re-roofing using this method. Does anybody have any comments on how the finished job looks ? Any points that I should impress on the contractor ?

John

one problem is that if your roof moves like a lot of french roofs do is that the panel will not move the same as individial tiles do and might crack as for the price I saw some at 3m but did not check Im going back tomoz and will check then . The singular tiles are very easy to put up and if the roof is not perfectly straight they are easier to put up than a panell unless your roof is perfectly level