paper compressor

emma5

could anyone tell me where i can buy one and if they exist.

my oh says in one of the free magazines last year (the ones where you go to the large truck parked in a carpark) he saw something which compresses paper and you can then burn it on your fire like a log, well as i have had enough free magazines in the last few weeks to start a new rain forest, i thought id enquire if anyone knows of such a thing.

not sure if my leg was being pulled.

thanks

Emma pons dept 17

Funny enough Emma, my "Outiror" catalogue ( Camion in village square), arrived this morning and it has "La presse a briquette" in it.

Price is 13,99 euros. You wet them,then press them, allow them to dry and hey presto??

You can order by phone also; 0825 305 315

With the amount of logs we get through each winter I'd like to know what these are like,if anyone has ever bought one?

Paul

Hi All,

The briquette maker is available in most countries, do a search on the web.

I have just ordered one via Easy Living, at £23 delivered, seems France is even cheaper.

From friends, they tell me they take ages to dry out, so you need to get a good head start before you can start using them.

I was told to start making briquetts early summer and really make a lot and let them dry in the sun.

Jim and Lily

I tried one years ago - apart from the negative points like the bricks taking forever to dry out and not producing much heat anyway - it was incredibly messy to do. Making lots of papier mache and globbing it into the compressor thingy then pressing out grubby water which then swills around the feet... nah. Life too short and rewards insufficient.