Down in the gutter!

Kieran

My house in Limoux has no guttering.As in most of the houses in the area there is no soffit or facia(the house is 12 years old).However there are what appears metal brackets protruding from the bed of mortar underneath the roof tiles.Is this the usual practice?Can all the necessary guttering be attached to these brackets?Can anyone provide me with the necessary terminology in french to guide me through our local bricolage.

Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there. I've just been finishing off some guttering, so it's been on my mind.  A few things to watch out for. Make sure you get the right size of gutter for the amount of water shedding off the roof. You've got a choice of two sizes. It's more likely to be the bigger size. The end pieces are called "fonds" but you can get an end section which has a fond and the downpipe (tuyau de descente)  entry bit already soldered on. Well worth it, as I belatedly discovered, but check that you've bought the left or right-handed version depending on which side your downpipe is to go.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...