BREEZE BLOCKS

londoneye

not sure of spelling ....   I have been asked to find out if anyone knows if breeze blocks come in same size in france as in uk - am reliably informed the uk size of such blocks (I'm bored just writing this !!)   is 420 x 215 x 100..

can anyone confirm please if sizes are the same ?

many thanks

I have just looked - I like to make sure my links work as sometimes I mess it up and lo and behold...

10cm, 15cm, 20cm and 25cm by 20cm high by I THINK 50cm.  Don't know about the length.

Look up parpaings on the site.  Some very, very interesting stuff to read[;)][;)]

Concrete blocks are available as 12, 15 or 20cm "thick" by 20 or 25cm "high" and are always 50cm long. And available with or without the "ears" on the end.

Take the dimensions with a pinch of salt and be prepared to vary the mortar thickness a little.... Or, do what "they" do around here an cast the top of the blocks in concrete.

I've got the cement mixer and the parpaings - mine are, actually, 10cm Nick.  You are posher than me though!!

I have also got a pile of gravel.  How about that then??  Used the sand.

I think that you won't find the parpaings on the Leroy Merlin site as it is for buying on line and a hundred parpaings weigh heavy......

Don't forget to put on your gloves as they made my hands really really sore.  I had to lavish the cream on[;)]

Shall we talk about red bricks next?  I know quite a lot about them too[:)]

Hello, there.

Just a little point. Parpaings are the bog-standard (heavy) concrete blocks used extensively. (They're cheap)  Beton Cellulaire is a particular lightweight insulating concrete block, usually sold under a brand name such as Thermalite or Siporex. Important not to confuse the two. Siporex also offer an extra thick block which has sufficient insulation qualities to dispense with a twin-wall construction or additional insulation. Possibly interesting to self-builders.

Happy building!  

that was of interest (in a kind of nerdy way which I hate to admit !)

OK I will be honest I wasnt interested at all but the purpose was information gathering for my partner, so in that respect thanks all it achieved its objective.

From a personal point of view ................ well it doesnt light my fire but I am seriously not being rude or facscetious (spelling ? - wine again) but I do thank you - other half was fascinated - maybe its  a bloke thing!