Tax claim on house renovation

azor04

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum.

Last year I purchased my property in dept 29.  I am still leaving in the UK but go over 2-3 times a year to do some DIY. I am doing all the work single handed as I have nobody to help me. I wish to move there one day when I have completed the decoration/renovation - well change kitchen, bathroom, central heating boiler....At the moment I have a good job in the UK that enables me to pay for the work required on my French house.  So it is not possible to move to france as yet.

This Christmas the central heating boiler brokedown. I obtained a couple devis to replace the boiler/chaudiere and the price is quite high.  I vaugly remember that someone told me that if you carry out some renovation work or install boiler/central heating you can claim it back something like 70% of the renocvation/replacement costs from the taxman.  Is this true?

How do I claim it back from the taxman if I am still resident in the UK (pay all my taxes here).  Or is it possible to keep all my bills and once I move to france completely claim it back from taxman.

I would appreciate any advice you can provide me.