French Electrics

Bridan

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]Ah yes, but that would have to be a UK lamp with a stupid, fiddly push switch built in to the lampholder, as opposed to a continental one with the switch in the cable.
In the dark in the middle of the night, I'm not sure which I hate most, the scrabbling around on a lamp holder trying to orient the switch to push it the right way without toppling the whole thing over and waking the entire house, or fishing around on the bedside table to find the cable and then the torpedo switch!

I think, on balance, the  former.

p[/quote]

Ah, but if you look carefully, you CAN find torpedo type switches that glow faintly in the dark......not enough to bother even me, who likes it pitch black, but enough to find it if you need to[;)]

Alcazar

We were looking in a shop in Carcassonne with some lamps that will solve the problem of 'fiddling in the dark'. Touch  --  on, touch again  --  off, complete with the metal body and a 2 pin plug!!!. We have a small tourch each beside the bed. Doesn't wake the other body and doesn't make a body of the one going to the loo!?[8-|]

John.