Cost of building a wall??

gail17

Hi

Hope that some of you builders out there may be able to help.  Our property needs fencing/walling in.  Currently the garden just continues right out onto the grass verge at the sides of the roads, we are on a corner.  As far as I can gather the boundary has to be a certain number of metres from the centre of the road.  Anyway we are trying to get some sort of a comparative cost for fencing, I assume concrete bases and the wire type fencing or breeze (sp) blocks then rendered. We would ideally like the same stone that the house is made of but I can imagine and to buy stone would be very costly.  Any indication i.e. price, per metre would be really helpful.

Thanks

Gail (renovation has proved to be such a learning curve! I can't even wire a plug without a pic to follow!! - what fun though!) [8-)] 

Hi Gail,  I can give you UK prices which I have read on this forum is similar to french prices but I cannot be certain.

Concrete block wall one meter high will cost roughly £70 per meter and wire fencing about £20 per meter.  Sorry I cannot be more helpful but it is a rough guide.

• 2 weeks later...

you don't say where you are.... first thing i'd do is double and treble check with your mairie re the siting of the wall... you may even need permission...

if that all goes to plan, suggest breeze block construction and then facing it with local stone - dead easy + looks great when all properly pointed in... dependant on where you are you may find that there are people who love close by just dying to get a stack of stone off their hands... thus, you could end up with more stone for your wall building than you need!

neil (24) ([email protected])