Wooden Cabins

Quillan

With the prospect of my mother in law coming to stay more frequently I have been looking at the possibility of installing a wooden cabin in the garden. You know the type of thing, padded inside, bars on the windows, small door for the rats to throw themselves through when they know she coming, an electronic latch on the door that I can safely activate from about 25km (or further) away and something to tie her broom stick to when she lands.

So I have been looking at these wooden cabins that are about 6M x 6M which come divided in to either one or two bedrooms, shower room with toilet and wash basin and a small kitchen. They come with a wooden floor and all you need is to stand it off the ground to allow the air to circulate under it. In Spain for instance they are classed as a temporary units rather like a shed and can be bought on a frame with wheels (making them a mobile home) or with just the floor. I therefore have a couple of questions.

1 – What is the definition of such a structure in France is it classed as a temporary structure like in Spain and if so what are the criteria like how far of the ground etc?

2- How does one then stand with tax d’habitation and tax froncier. I know I pay the latter anyway but does it decrease by the amount square metres on which the ‘temporary structure’ sits?

3 – Is it acceptable to use either a modern cassette toilet (as fitted on boats, campers and caravans) or a composting toilet and dos this help the ‘temporary’ status.

4 - By being temporary does this mean that the water supply must be connected to a tap and the electricity to a power socket (say 16A)?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Looking to put a chalet in our garden - a building of under 20 m2 can be done with a declaration de traveaux, anything over 20 m2 (gross - includes roof overhang) has to have a full permis and all that entails. I would think a <20 m2 could be used casually without too much fuss - providing one did not make it too obvious!!!