Thick paint??

Uncle Homer

I am working on scraping the paint of old plastered walls, the first coat has fallen off in submission, but the under 2 coats are putting up more of a fight, i wondered is there a thick colored paint i could use to paint and fill the areas that have got down to the plaster, it is not that thick but too much for a regular paint to hide/cover... thankyou in advance

Grant

Haven't tried it myself yet but think I will need to do something similar one day.  My thoughts are to use a product something like Renaulac - Torchis a Cirer 'Murs Anciens' - this from my old Brico Depot catalogue priced at E20.90 per 15kg, but this is intended to produce a rough wall effect and is available in a few colours.

Can't find the exact item on their web site but this link might help get you started:-
http://www.renaulac.fr/en/produits_pro.php?rec=TOSCANE

Several other makes available and some of the bricos have demo panels setup

If you have quite a fair bit to cover and you want a smooth finish, try plasterboard joint filler with a little uni-bond added. I find it easy to trowel on and ,if required, easy to whizz over with a sander to get a good finish. A 10 ltr bucket is also much cheaper than all the boxes of filler.